Currently Qiao Yan is a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Synthesis and Mechanism Group, Research School of Chemistry, ANU. She conducted her PhD program in Chemistry under supervision by Prof. Martin Banwell at the same group. Before that she was awarded her Bachelor Degree of Science in Pharmaceutical Science (2009) and Master Degree of Science in Medicinal Chemistry (2012), respectively.
Her current research focuses on the development of new synthetic strategies and methodologies as well as the application of these in the organic synthesis of biologically active natural products and certain analogues.
- Studies on the Photochemical Rearrangements of Enantiomerically Pure, Polysubstituted and Variously Annulated Bicyclo[2.2.2]octenones, Qiao Yan, Benoit Bolte, Yuhua Bai, Martin G. Banwell, Anthony C. Wills and Paul D. Carr, J. Org. Chem., 2017, under review.
- Establishing the True Structure of the Sorbicillinoid-derived Isolate Rezishanone C by Total Synthesis, Qiao Yan, Martin G. Banwell, Michelle C. Coote, Richmond Lee, and Anthony C. Wills, Chem. Asian J., 2017, in press, DOI: 10.1002/asia.201700456.
- A Palladium-Catalyzed Ullmann Cross-Coupling/Reductive Cyclization Route to the Carbazole Natural Products 3-Methyl-9H-carbazole, Glycoborine, Glycozoline, Clausazoline K, Mukonine and Karapinchamine A, Qiao Yan, Emma Gin, Malgorzata Wasinska-Kalwa, Martin G. Banwell and Paul D. Carr, J. Org. Chem., 2017, 82, 4148-4159, DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.7b00044.
- A Unified Approach to the Isomeric α-, β-, γ- and δ-Carbolines via their 6,7,8,9-Tetrahydro Counterparts, Qiao Yan, Emma Gin, Martin G. Banwell, Anthony C. Willis and Paul D. Carr, J. Org. Chem., 2017, 82, 4328-4335, DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.7b00323.
- Oxidative Cyclization of 2-Aryl-3-arylamino-2-alkenenitriles to N-Arylindole-3-carbonitriles Mediated by NXS/Zn(OAc)2, Qiao Yan, Ji Luo, Daisy Zhang-Negrerie, Hui Li, Xiuxiang Qi, Kang Zhao, J. Org. Chem., 2011, 76, 8690-8697, DOI: 10.1021/jo2012187.
- Synthesis of Coumestan Derivatives via FeCl3-Mediated Oxidative Ring Closure of 4-Hydroxy Coumarins, Lina Tang, Yongle Pang, Qiao Yan, Liuqing Shi, Jianhui Huang, Yunfei Du, Kang Zhao, J. Org. Chem., 2011, 76, 2744-2752, DOI: 10.1021/jo2000644.
- 1-(4-Methoxyphenyl)-2-methyl-1H-indole-3-carbonitrile, Qiao Yan, Xiuxiang Qi, Acta Cryst., 2011, E67, o2312, DOI: 10.1107/S1600536811031035.
- 1-(4-Bromophenyl)-2-methyl-1H-indole-3-carbonitrile, Qiao Yan, Xiuxiang Qi, Acta Cryst., 2011, E67, o2509, DOI: 10.1107/S1600536811034246.
- 6-Methoxy-2-methyl-1-phenyl-1H-indole-3-carbonitrile, Qiao Yan, Xiuxiang Qi, Acta Cryst., 2011, E67, o2798, DOI: 10.1107/S1600536811038724.
- 2-Benzyl-6-chloro-1-(4-methylphenyl)-1H-indole-3-carbonitrile, Qiao Yan, Xiuxiang Qi, Acta Cryst., 2011, E67, o3388, DOI: 10.1107/S1600536811048422.