Congratulations to Professor Gottfried Otting and Professor Michelle Coote on being awarded the Australian Laureate Fellowship from 2017-22.
The Australian Laureate Fellowships scheme reflects the Commonwealth’s commitment to support excellence in research by attracting world-class researchers and research leaders to key positions in Australia.
The objectives of the Australian Laureate Fellowships scheme are to:
- attract and retain outstanding researchers and research leaders of international reputation
- support ground-breaking, internationally competitive research
- provide an excellent research training environment and exemplary mentorship to nurture early-career researchers
- forge strong links among researchers, the international research community and/or industry
- expand Australia’s knowledge base and research capability
- enhance the scale and focus of research in the Science and Research Priorities.