The impending breakdown in Moore's Law has prompted the search for molecule-based information processing components such as molecular switches and logic gates. Molecules that can exist in two states with distinct absorbance or fluorescence behaviour have attracted considerable interest for Boolean logic operations. We are pursuing molecules that can exist in more than two states, and for which the "read-out" is via a change in nonlinear optical properties.
Marek Samoc (Wroclaw, Poland)
Frederic Paul (Rennes, France)
Bruno Fabré (Rennes, France)
- C. E. Powell, M. P. Cifuentes, J. P. L. Morrall, R. Stranger, M. G. Humphrey, M. Samoc, B. Luther-Davies and G. A. Heath J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2003, 125, 602-610:
- Organometallic complexes for nonlinear optics. 30. Electrochromic linear and nonlinear optical properties of alkynylbis(diphosphine)ruthenium complexes.
- M. Samoc, N. Gauthier, M. P. Cifuentes, F. Paul, C. Lapinte and M. G. Humphrey, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2006, 45, 7536-7539:
- Electrochemical switching of the cubic nonlinear optical properties of an aryldiethynyl-linked heterobimetallic complex between three distinct states.
- G. T. Dalton, M. P. Cifuentes, S. Petrie, R. Stranger, M. G. Humphrey and M. Samoc, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2007, 129, 11882-11883:
- Independent switching of cubic nonlinear optical properties in a ruthenium alkynyl cruciform complex by employing protic and electrochemical stimuli (Organometallic complexes for nonlinear optics. Part 40.)
- N. Gauthier, G. Argouarch, F. Paul, M. G. Humphrey, L. Toupet, S. Ababou-Girard, H. Sabbah, P. Hapiot, B. Fabre, Adv. Mater., 2008,20, 1952-1956:
- Silicon surface-bound redox-active conjugated wires derived from mono- and dinuclear iron(II) and ruthenium(II) oligo(phenyleneethynylene) complexes.
- K. A. Green, M. P. Cifuentes, T. C. Corkery, M. Samoc, M. G. Humphrey, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2009, 48, 7867-7870:
- Switching the cubic nonlinear optical properties of an electro-, halo-, and photochromic ruthenium alkynyl complex across six states.
- B. Babgi, L. Rigamonti, M. P. Cifuentes, T. C. Corkery, M. D. Randles, T. Schwich, S. Petrie, R. Stranger, A. Teshome, I. Asselberghs, K. Clays, M. Samoc, M. G. Humphrey, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2009, 131, 10293-10307:
- Length-dependent convergence and saturation behavior of electrochemical, linear optical, quadratic nonlinear optical, and cubic nonlinear optical properties of dipolar alkynylruthenium complexes with oligo(phenyleneethynylene) bridges.