The laser and Spectrophotometer Facility (LSF) at RSC provides expert technical support for the schools catalogue of specialized laser and analytical instrumentation, including femtosecond laser arrays, high power pulse lasers, used primarily for the preparation and characterization of functional materials e.g. non-linear optics.
The RSC has many different kinds of lasers and various spectrophotometers. There are lasers with pulsed output or continuous wave (CW) output; there are also lasers with tuneable wavelengths or fixed wavelengths. There are solid state, diode and gas lasers with different sizes and output energies. The facility has UV-VIS and FTIR spectrophotometers from manufacturers like Perkin Elmer, Agilent as well as Bruker. Both the lasers and spectrophotometers can be widely used for research projects, for analytical measurements, for photo-induced reactions/synthesis, for material properties investigation and composition identification, and for industrial applications.
The Lasers that facility has includes:
- Femtosecond (fs) pulsed laser system with wavelength tuning range from 450 nm to 2700 nm.
- Nanosecond (ns) pulsed laser system with wavelength tuning range from 450 nm to 2100 nm.
- Nanosecond (ns) pulsed lasers with fixed wavelengths at 1064 nm, 532 nm and 355 nm.
- Continuous wave (CW) lasers with wavelength of 1064 nm, 532 nm or 375 nm.
- High energy Excimer laser at 248 nm wavelength.
The Spectrophotometers the facility has includes:
- Perkin Elmer Lambda 465 UV-VIS Spectrophotometer with Diffuse Reflectance accessory (DRA)
- Agilent Cary 60 UV-VIS Spectrophotometer
- Perkin Elmer Frontier FTIR/FIR, FTIR/NIR, FTIR/MIR, Spectrum 2 FTIR
- Bruker Alpha II FTIR , Bruker Vertex 80V FTIR
- Various Spex monochromators
- Various OceanOptics Spectrometers
For access to the facility and/or any other inquiries, please contact facility coordinator Dr. Genmiao Wang (Email: email@example.com, Phone: (02) 6125 3712).